New Favorite Summer Dessert








Lately, the weather has been so warm in the evenings that we've been invited to several pop-up barbeques where I've been asked to bring dessert. If I've ever made ice cream sandwiches before I don't remember, and I don't know why I decided to make them this time, but man, were they ever good. Really good. Big-smiles-all-around good.

I keep Cowboy Cookie dough frozen in logs in the freezer.  For 24 sandwiches I baked 48 cookies and filled them with a half gallon plus another quart of chocolate chip ice cream--my favorite flavor from Baskin Robbins.  I wrapped them quickly in freezer paper and popped them in a plastic freezer bag. They were best when frozen for a few hours before eating.

As for last week's giveaway, thank you to all who entered.  It certainly got a lot of attention and I was so happy to offer it because I love both the Gleener and Eucalan so much.  It's really an honor for me to share things I love with you on this blog and I want to thank you again for reading and for taking the time to comment.  

One winner was chosen from the Facebook comments: Teresa Wright from the UK--and one reader from the blog comments: gabyj from Canada.  I've contacted you both and as soon as you send me your mailing addresses I'll ship them out.  Congratulations!





Follow 
Knitionary



1 comment