Watermelon Cardi

















My, this was quick! Less than 24 hours from idea to blog post!  I saw this pattern on Ravelry yesterday morning, printed it out, gathered my yarn, cast on that evening at the start of the baseball game, and before the ninth inning I had woven in the ends and sewn on the buttons!  As my needles were clicking and the sweater was unfolding before me,  my thought bubble was, "Oh, where have you been all my life, darling little watermelon sweater?" I love it so much and decided that I'll make this for every little summer-born baby girl in my circle.  The pattern is sized for newborn only and is free from Stichylinda Designs, takes just a smidgen of yarn and knits up in a few short hours. And it's completely adorable. On Monday it's being mailed off to Washington, DC.

I used two popular summer yarns, Tahki's Cotton Classic in Bright Spearmint and Rowan's Summerlite DK in Fuchsia and compared them side by side.  I consider them both excellent yarns from luxury brands, but there were some differences.  My conclusion is Rowan's Summerlite DK has the edge due to it's softer fabric, zero splitting issues, and better value for the dollar.



The Links:


To make a comment, please click here.
xo




Follow 
Knitionary

1 comment